Credit By Exam
Credit-by-Examination (CBE) are typically administered in September and applications are available online or in the counselors office. Students may take up to four (4) examinations during September testing window and CBE will be offered five times this year: September, November, March, May, and July.
- Testing for grade acceleration is available during the September, May and June testing windows only.
- Testing for credit recovery associated with retention is available during September, May and July testing windows only.
- The CBE testing windows in November and March is available for course acceleration only.
Students can purchase online/correspondence courses through both Texas Tech and the University of Texas. Courses can be costly and require counselor and principal approval. Both Universities offer similar courses including:
- English 1-4
- Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra 2, Math Models, PreCalculus
- World Geography, World History, US History, Government and Economics
- Biology, IPC, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Systems, Astronomy
- Art I
- Business Information Management
- Physical Education
- French I and II
- Spanish I, II, and III
- German I
- Latin I and II
- and more. . .